Dancing on the Head of a Pin

There is a legend of St Thomas Aquinas asking "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" At this blog we ask all questions dealing with our faith and spirituality. Some are down to earth, rubber meets the road questions, while others are more lofty...like, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Back!

I'm back from a three week or so hiatus. I apologize if you have been checking every now and then to find nothing. I have a beautiful 13 month old, Abby, who keeps me busy in the mornings and at night when I am prone to post on this blog. Perhaps more than anything, I've been tired. The past two weeks I have been at a clergy conference in the Diocese of Georgia and a few days vacation with my wife's family in central Florida. Both weeks provided time for rest and some recharging. One thing I realized, thanks to conference speaker Julia Gatta, is that my vocation is one where there is rarely a feeling of completion. This not unique to the priesthood, but it is true there are times when I feel I have finished something. If I finish a sermon, there is another one to write. If I finish a home visit, there is another one to make, and so on. Again, this is not confined to the priesthood, and it is worth nothing the dangers in expecting closure or finitude when there is none to found - at least in the way we expect. Some of the fatigue I was beginning to experience was based mainly on the fact that I felt as if I couldn't keep up with my expectations, visions, and the reality of task at hand. It was nice to have a couple of weeks to catch up and take inventory.
It's good to be back blogging. I hope in the next couple of weeks to update and revise the format. Thanks for checking in.

Steve +

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home