Dancing on the Head of a Pin

There is a legend of St Thomas Aquinas asking "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" At this blog we ask all questions dealing with our faith and spirituality. Some are down to earth, rubber meets the road questions, while others are more lofty...like, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Monday, August 08, 2005

Habemus Sacerdos!


We have a priest! I don't know if my Latin is correct, but I know I didn't want to try "We have a Rector," Habemus Rectum? On the feast of the Transfiguration, The Right Reverend Henry I. Louttit, ordained me to the Sacred Order of Priests. It was among the greatest moments of my life. The most surprising event, however, happened as the procession of clergy ended outside the church. As I emerged from the building, the clergy applauded and many knelt to receive a blessing from the newly ordained priest. It was a tradition that caught me by surprise, but it was a gesture that solidified the love and bond shared by those in the priesthood, and really all who are joined together through baptism.

Steve+

3 Comments:

Blogger King of Peace said...

Awesome! Perhaps even awe-full, as in full of awe. I am pleased that the ordination was all that it can be and I givethanks for the gifts God has given you as you live into your vocation.

peace,
Frank+

7:39 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Congratulations and many blessings,
Emily+

5:25 PM  
Blogger Caelius said...

Habemus sacerdotem.

If you want to say "We have a rector," that would be "Habemus rectorem."

But I think the most appropriate comment would be to borrow from Eastern Orthodox tradition and say "Axios!," which is Greek for "Worthy!" and is the proper greeting to very recent ordinands.

So, Axios!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home