Dancing on the Head of a Pin

There is a legend of St Thomas Aquinas asking "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" At this blog we ask all questions dealing with our faith and spirituality. Some are down to earth, rubber meets the road questions, while others are more lofty...like, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

On the spot...

I had the pleasure of attending Rotary today. As I arrived I was quickly asked by a Rotarian if I would give the program. Do what? I wasn't prepared, I had nothing to talk about (except myself) and I barely knew the crowd. I did the program, anyway. Such is the life of faith; finding ourselves in situations in which we are not prepared and are expected to perform and/or respond. On television last night, there was a sitcom rerun in which the actors were playing a game that provided situational questions, like "What would you do if...." It is an interesting concept when applied to faith. What would we do if...
In what situations do we find life, faith, and love challenged or challenging. How do we respond?
It's a good question.

Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home